• Faithful to my Homeland, the Republic of Poland

  • Information on the unitary transit visas:


        The unitary transit visa entitles its holder to cross the territory of the Republic of Poland or of the other Schengen states while on the way to the territory of the other non Schengen state provided the transit time does not exceed 5 days. It means that it is not possible to grant the transit visa to the foreigner who declares the transit across the territory of the Republic of Poland in order to reach the territory of the other Schengen state (for instance the holders of double or multiple entry national D visa, who utilized their right for a single transit through the territory of Schengen to reach the country which granted the visa).


         The same applies to the foreigners who hold double - or multiple Polish national visas and apply for transit visas in the country of origin in order to cross again the territory of Schengen on their way to the Republic of Poland.


         In view of the above, the foreigners who apply for a double- or multiple national visa may face problems with obtaining transit visas at the consecutive transits from the country of origin to the Republic of Poland (which is one of the Schengen States). It is highly recommended to the foreigners to apply for the residence permit for the set time on the territory of the Republic of Poland or to apply (if possible) for multiple transit visas in the consular offices of other Schengen states located on the territory of the Republic of Poland.

    Print Print Share: